You may download a Word document version of this agreement for printing.
i2b2 National Center for Biomedical Computing
DATA USE AND CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
for access to data from the
Challenges in Natural Language Processing for Clinical Data Shared Task Competitions
Partners HealthCare System, Inc. on behalf of itself and its affiliates (collectively, "Partners") controls certain patient-level data, in the form of patient discharge summaries, from its clinical information systems, which data have been de-identified within the meaning of the HIPAA Privacy Rule (the "Data"). Partners wishes to make the Data, in the form of one or more "Datasets," available to eligible registrants as a byproduct of the i2b2 National Center for Biomedical Computing Challenges in Natural Language Processing for Clinical Data Shared Task Competition (the "Competition"). Partners is making the Data available solely for the purpose of enabling registrants to conduct research (the "Purpose").
This Data Use and Confidentiality Agreement explains the terms and conditions of access to the Data by registrants in the Competition. ANY REGISTRANT WHO WISHES TO ACCESS THE DATA MUST READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND AGREE TO THEM BY ENTERING THE INFORMATION REQUESTED BELOW AND BY PRINTING, SIGNING, AND RETURNING THE AGREEMENT TO PARTNERS AS DIRECTED BELOW.
Registrant is either (check one):
___ an individual, requesting Data under this Agreement on behalf of himself/herself
Professional Title: ________________________________________
Institution or Organization__________________________________
___ a corporation, requesting Data under this Agreement on behalf of itself and its agents and employees
Principal Place of Business: ________________________________
Contact Name/Title: ______________________________________
1. Registrant understands and agrees that any Data / Datasets that Partners provides to Registrant are proprietary and confidential to Partners.
2. Registrant agrees that Registrant will use the Data / Datasets solely for research purposes and for no other purpose.
3. Registrant agrees that Registrant will not attempt to identify or re-identify any individual patient or group of patients from the Data / Datasets.
4. Registrant agrees that Registrant will not disclose, disseminate, or otherwise share the Data / Datasets to or with any other person or entity except with persons or entities on Registrantís Competition team, as expressly listed below, each of which persons/entities Registrant will inform of the obligations with respect to use and confidentiality of the Data under this Agreement:
|Persons/Entities on Registrant's Research team||Signature||E-mail address|
Registrant shall be responsible for compliance by these persons/entities with the terms of this Agreement and any breach thereof.
5. Registrant agrees not to use the name or logo of Partners or any of its affiliates or any of their respective trustees, directors, officers, staff members, employees, students or agents for any purpose without Partnersí prior written approval excepting in the course of presentation and or publication deriving from the Competition wherein the data source is acknowledged.
6. All Data / Datasets disclosed pursuant to this Agreement, including without limitation all written and tangible forms thereof, shall be and remain the property of Partners. Upon termination of this Agreement as provided in Section 7 below, Registrant shall cease using the Data / Datasets.
7. Partners may terminate Registrantís access to Data / Datasets under this Agreement for any reason upon written notice to Registrant.
8. Registrantís obligations under this Agreement shall survive the expiration or termination of the Agreement.
9. This Agreement may be modified or amended only in a writing signed by duly authorized representatives of both Registrant and Partners. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Any claim or action brought under this Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts of Massachusetts.
Return completed Agreement by fax to:
Susanne E. Churchill, Ph.D.
Executive Director, i2b2 National Center for Biomedical Computing
BY ENTERING THE INFORMATION REQUESTED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND BY PRINTING, SIGNING, AND RETURNING THE AGREEMENT TO PARTNERS AS DIRECTED ABOVE, REGISTRANT AFFIRMS THAT REGISTRANT HAS READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ACCESS TO DATA FOR THE COMPETITION AND AGREES TO THEM.
Signature of Registrant or Registrantís Duly Authorized Representative